Focus on God's Heart First !
1. Pray for Revival - A great move of God in which the church becomes more aware of the Holy Presence of God causing them to fear God and to seek to live a humble, powerful, and godly life led by the Holy Spirit. We need to discover the power of praying according to God's promise in II Chronicles 7:14 - as we pray for revival, we need to grieve for sin - as in Ezekiel 9:4, God decrees a mark of protection for those who grieve for sin. Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and cry over all the abominations that are done within it.”
2.Pray for Persecuted Christians
- Google it - When you google, "Persecuted Christians", you can find organizations and stories that are serving the persecuted body of Christ. These are Brothers and Sisters in the Faith. Today persecution has greatly increased. As a body of believers we need to take seriously that we are one body, "when one member suffers we all suffer together", and Jesus wants us to "weep with those who weep, and rejoice with those who rejoice". He wants us to "Remember those in bonds as though bound with them". Hebrews 13:3
3. Pray for Missions and Missionaries- Pray at 3:16am or 3:16pm for Missionaries and for the unreached. Jesus said "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field". Luke 10:2
Paul said, "And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should.
Use the list of nations on a smart phone clock to interceed for the nations.
4.Pastors and Leaders- Christian Leaders need intensive prayer. If the leaders stay strong, then the body will follow the leader.
"So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him." Acts 12:5
5. Pray for Brothers and Sisters in Christ - Pray for the body of Christ - all the believers whom you know. JESUS DESIRE IS UNITY AND LOVE BETWEEN THOSE WHO BELONG TO HIM. "By this shall all men know that you are my disciples that you love one another".
John 17 is a great chapter that reveals the deep desire of Jesus that His followers be unified in truth and love.
Paul said, "We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you...we continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of His will...
Follow the example of Ephaphras -
"Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured". Colossians 4:12
Pray that Christians will be firm - Pray for those who are tempted to fall away from faith that they will be drawn to the Lord in a new and powerful relationship so they will not doubt that Jesus is the Son of God and the only Savior.
6.Pray for America(or your country)- America is in desperate need today - The crisis here if far greater than most people imagine.
Remember II Chronicles 7:14..."If My people which are called by My Name shall humble themselves and pray and seek My fact and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land."
This is HUMAN LIFE, and we need to pray for all mothers carrying living babies made in the image of God. We need to pray that mothers will follow their natural, God given love for their unborn babies and make whatever sacrifice to protect and love the babies that God has given them. We need to cry to God on behalf of past sins and turn back to His Holy Word that makes clear that human life is sacred.
8. Pray for Families - One sign said, "the family that prays together, stays together" - We need to pray for Fathers, Mothers, Children, Teenagers, and young adults - that they may hunger for God together. We need to pray for purity and freedom from addictions that can destroy lives and seperate from fellowship with God.
9. Pray for the Poor - the homeless, the hungry, the orphans, and the widows. Most of the poor in the world do not have hope in government programs.
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.
"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as you have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, you have done it unto me". Matthew 25:40
10. Pray for Colleges(both Christian and Secular) with a focus on the Christians in each college and then for the professors, for the lost, and for those seeking to do outreach. Call the names of colleges you know out to the Lord.
11.Pray for Seminaries and Bible Colleges
12. Pray for All Schools - Students and Teachers -
Pray for both Private and Public Schools
13. Pray For Government Leaders and the Political Process
The Bible makes it clear: I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. I Timothy 2:1-2
14. Pray for Prisoners and Prison Ministry
15. Pray for Needs of Friends and Family as well as personal needs - Jesus ministered to those who cried out to Him for the needs of a relative or a friend or a personal need. He related to people where they hurt, and He cared.
Joel 2:17 "Let the Priests Who Minister Before the Lord Weep...Let Them Say, "Spare Your people Oh Lord"
A Heart Cry For Revival
# 34 is by Henry Blackaby - youtube
II Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, who are called by My name shall humble themselves and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land".
Youtube: Message By Ronnie Floyd - Time Now for Great Awakening in America
Daniel 10:2-3 At that time I, Daniel, mourned for three weeks. I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotions at all until the three weeks were over.
"Pray without ceasing",
I Thessalonians 5:17
Youtube Search: John Piper - Youtube - "Prayer Does Things"
We have not stopped praying for you, we continually ask God to fill you with the knowlege of His will. Colossians 1:9
Youtube: Vision to Make Churches Houses of Prayer - by Pastor Jim Cymbala
rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer.
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2
So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him.
We give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you. Colossians 1:3
Let us therefore come boldly to The Throne of Grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16
The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray. I Peter 4:7
Youtube: Message on Prayer by Pastor Jack Graham
The Second Great Awakening was marked by united multi-church prayer meetings, and in Jonathan Edwards's writings he says that a key verse for those prayer meetings was Zechariah 8:21 "The inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying,'Let us continue to go and pray before the Lord, and seek the Lord of hosts. I myself will go also."
Youtube Search: Message on the Lord's Greatest Prayer Part one and two by John MacArthur